Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Monica Roccaforte Vidéos

Cairns - Hughenden - Mt Isa

In Cairns we went shopping first refueling and drove it as we have enough food for the first day when traveling. And then we went already going on. The Google Maps route which I had printed was bit confusing so I've driven for a large map. Drove from Cairns to the interior rain forest down. It has cast in buckets. I could go up to 50-60 km / hr. Rain forest then was Bush. Drove over 300 km of road match. That was kind of fun, but we had miscalculated the time and I'm about 2 1 / 2 hours in the dark down in the match. In the Outback, one should not at all after sunset drive anymore because too many wild animals on the street. From the street I'm even ready to come because of aquaplaning. But it is fortunately everything went well.
On our trip from Cairns to Hughenden I run over almost 100 birds, 5 Kangaroos, 10 lizards, frogs and 5 cows in 1000:) This is the result of the first day Outback! Where the Kangaroo was very very close!

Hughenden airport in a small town with NEM Bush we have any eingechekt in a motel because it backpackers, and so do not even exist. Not even cell phone reception. So I had after checking in a little car ride to a public phone to call to find my treasure.

In the morning we had breakfast and then the way forward to Mount Isa down. The road is to go there a lot better than yesterday. There is actually, not so much to tell because it's just a road through anything! All dry and hot, the street reflects Weil's so hot and accommodate the cars are to be seen until very late. But have already seen our first emus! Funny animals. Fortunately, I have not seen this before my Moterhaube:)

crazy how many Kangaroo is here and how many deaths are on the roadside next to the dead bull. And wherever the death is also the Aßgeier. Which is sometimes really does not matter whether a car is struck or not!
My car after the first day in the Outback!

0 comments:

Post a Comment